Monday, February 20, 2012

Chalkboard Paint

I finally bought some chalkboard paint and have had many fun ideas! Two easy ones were my bulk food jar labels and my charging station labels.

Materials:
Chalkboard paint
Chalk
Painters tape
Paintbrush
Almost any surface you can paint on!

------------------------------------

Step One:
-Tape off label area-
This is my charging station box, which is actually a ribbon box from the Container Store.

------------------------------------

Step Two:
-Paint two coats of chalkboard paint in taped off area (wait one hour between coats)-
-Let paint dry for 24 hours and slowly peel off tape-
My bulk food jars

------------------------------------

Step Three:
-To "condition" the chalkboard area, rub entire piece with chalk and wipe away-

------------------------------------

Step Three:
Label away!
Charging station
&
Bulk food jars

I love chalkboard paint.

1 comment: