Saturday, February 25, 2012

Secret Weapon: Chia Seeds

I first learned about chia seeds from a friend while I was working in South Korea and have been hooked on them ever since! Although many of you are probably thinking about this, you would be happy to know that these little omega-3 energy pods can prevent high blood pressure as well as blood sugar spikes. In fact, according to The Chia Seed, these little guys have more antioxidants than fresh blueberries. Pretty rad, right?

As a vegetarian, I'm always looking for creative ways to get all of my nutrients. This find really hit the target on a lot of the important marks, and can be a really simple addition to any meal (even sprinkled on salads) that gives your body some extra energy and love.

Although I have several recipes with chia seeds that I absolutely adore, this breakfast dip is one that I make almost daily. It's filling, easy to make, and-- most importantly-- it tastes great. Plus, it gives you tons of energy from raw, whole foods. Yum!

Morning Oatmeal Chia Dip (with apple)


Ingredients
  • 1 cup uncooked oats
  • 4 oz Greek yogurt (I use Greek Gods Honey Yogurt)
  • 1 heaping tablespoon Chia seeds
  • 1 apple (Honeycrisp are my favorite; what's yours?)

1. Pour your oats, yogurt, and chia seeds into a cereal bowl.

 
2. Mix it up!


3. Slice up an apple and start dipping. Easy as that!


Happy mornings to you!






PS: If you like chia seeds and kombucha, make sure to try Synergy's Chia Kombucha drinks! Talk about an energy boost!

No comments:

Post a Comment