Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I've Been Locked Inside Your Heart-Shaped Box for Weeks...

Inspired by a little lyric by Nirvana I thought of a cute idea for another Valentine's Day gift. Using a heart shaped box (found at any craft store) as a container for messages to each other, this is a gift that keeps on giving. You could fill it with messages your partner could read all on Valentine's, or give the box as an invitation to fill throughout the year then read them on a special day like an anniversary (or any day you need a little mood boost - what better way than to read all the unique reasons why you are loved!).

You could decorate the box anyway that reflects your relationship, like adding special dates or significant places. I like collages so I used the magazine I have stacks of and started cutting! I used Mod Podge to glue it all on, then carefully sliced a slit in the top for messages to be inserted after the Mod Podge was dry. Lots of room for personalization with this one :)


Materials

Cut cut cut! Glue Glue Glue!


Careful slicing!


Date of first kiss? Where you met? Favorite meal? Photos of each other?


I love you because........





xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment